sgt_pepper's Avatar
    sgt_pepper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#1

Nov 19, 2005, 04:12 PM
    Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop fan
    Hi all
    I acidentally dropped my laptop a few days ago and consequently the LAPTOP monitor and the CPU cooler fan did not work anymore. I was able to resolve the LCD issue by reconnecting the cable back to the mother board..

However, I don't know how to diagnose the fan problem. I don't mind replacing it but it would be great if someone could tell me if there were some simple checks I could do before I did that

Thanks
    DK
    basscleff's Avatar
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

#2

Jul 28, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Only thing you can do is run the laptop hot so the fan will engage.
    Or take it out and put a 1.5 volt aa battery to it ansd see if the fan will spin.

Dell Laptop Computer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Dell Laptop Computer and some how I locked the keyboard, it won't work, none of the keys.. how do I unlock it?? Even though the internal mouse works.. just not the keys.Right now I'm on a different computer, if your wondering.. Please help me

Dell all In One [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya All Wonder if anyone can help please. Dell 810 all in one on offer in UK, 21.70 (38USD) Has anyone used one or heard of them regarding print quality, photo printing etc. carts seem about average cost, 14, one cart printer. Thanks DavidB. ...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried to connect a Dell 540 photo printer to a Dell Inspiron 5000 computer running Windows XP Home. I got the laptop to recognize the printer but it would not print. I decded to disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers. Soon my laptop began having problems at startup. It...

Dell laptop [ 6 Answers ]

Tried Several Things Need Help Trying To Connect Laptop To Landline Using Free Netzero I Have A Network And Modem Card All In One I Can Get It To Dial And When It Says You Are Loged On And It Verifies Password Then It Disconnects And Starts Redialing The Next Number...

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...