Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jskillz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 09:15 AM
    English to Written Sanskrit Translation
    Would someone be able to translate the sanskrit word [I]so 'ham [I] into written sanskrit? I would like to get a tattoo and have found it in a scanned english-sanskrit dictionary but am not able to print it out.
    Thank you very much
    Jillian
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 12:48 AM

Hi, jskillz!

I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words, names and phrases into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile, there are a couple of people that show up who really know their stuff about translating written names, words and sentences from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that are suggested on it in order for you to be successful.

There is also another site that you could try. It would be the following one. Free Online Translations to Sanskrit, Hindi & Marathi for Tattoos, Names & Sentences

I think that the guy that runs it is the same one that comes around here, now and then, to answer very finely concerning questions like the one that you have.

It's my understanding, that there is also a way to contact people on either site to get help.

Since this is for something that's permanent, I would suggest also getting more than one opinion concerning the translation.

Thanks!
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

May 22, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jskillz View Post
    would someone be able to translate the sanskrit word [i]so 'ham [i] into written sanskrit? I would like to get a tatoo and have found it in a scanned english-sanskrit dictionary but am not able to print it out.
    Thank you very much
    jillian
    सोऽहम्
    jackiee214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
    Take it out there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Translation from English to Sanskrit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I need translation to Sanskrit (occidental characters, sanskrit characters and pronunciation) of "Thanks" and "Thank you" Thanks in advance

Sanskrit Translation from English [ 7 Answers ]

I've been searching everywhere for the correct translation for: "To touch is to heal, To hurt is to steal" "All in the name of Love" From English to Sanskrit. Can anyone help me with this?

English to Sanskrit Translation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the translation from English to Sanskrit for the quote "Kill off all my demons and my angels might die too." Also, if you know the phonetic pronunciation it would be very helpful. Thank you!!

Translation from english to sanskrit [ 1 Answers ]

Couldyu please tell me how to write in sanskrit "Just Breathe" and "Patience" Thks

View more questions Search