Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CRISTY123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Trailor park
    I Live Nnext Door To A Trailor Park That Has Been closed down .The hurricane desyroyed it . Its looks horrable an has to be against some health code.. how do I get the owners to put up a private fence.
    The trailor park belongs to a company in another state, they have it for sale.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 09:13 AM
    You could contact the owners of the park and ask them to erect a fence. You could contact the building and zoning dept and ask them about the fence idea. Basically, I think you're going to be barking up a tree with nobody listening. The most the building and zoning dept could do would be to fine the property owner and make him clean up the mess until the property is sold. If it that much of a health hazard they would happily fine the property owner to get it cleaned up. In the meantime, you can erect a fence on your property so you don't have to look at the mess if it bothers you that much.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Mar 27, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Put in a formal complaint with the city and that will press them to look into the issue, make sure you keep a copy for your personel records, if that doesn't work send a letter to your city council and mayor with a copy of the letter you sent to the city.hopefully one of the enitys in your city will send a letter to the people who own the property and tell them that the situation needs to be corrected in a timely fashion. Good Luck and Have A Great Day!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2008, 10:35 AM
    The only way it would be a health hazard is if there are vermin making their home there. An eyesore it may be, but that might not be against the law.

Please do report it to your local authorities and let them inspect, but I doubt if you will get satisfaction until its sold. I strongly doubt they will put up a fence. But if it bothers you that much, why don't YOU put up a fence?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 04:55 PM
    You can report it to the city, go to city cousel meetings and see if it can be addressed, The city after a lot of letters can ( if they will) clear it, if it is against code, can come in and clear it up and apply it as a lien on the property. But it can take a long time to get to that point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hyde Park [ 5 Answers ]

I have what looks to be an ice bucket that is copper and brass that is stamped on the bottom Hyde Park. It is very old and has some patina on it. Any ideas of its age and worth?

Central Park Mower [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get a new wheel? I need the left rear power wheel and probably all the attachments.

South Park [ 2 Answers ]

What town in Colorado inspired the fictional town of South Park?

Car will not come out of park [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 87 thunderbird that will not shift out of park even when the brake peddle is depressed.how do I get it to shift?

View more questions Search