Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolettem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Should I contact the Hiring Manager? When?
    I would like some opinions from people who have a lot of experience with this kind of situation. If you are in HR, or in charge of hiring, even better.

I spoke with an internal recruiter last week. They were given my resume from somebody within the company. SO the recruiter contacted me to speak about some opportunities. The conversation went really well and she even gave me the name of Hiring Manager and told me she was going to send my resume their way...

Maybe I am just a little bit impatient as this interview with the recruiter just took place mid-last week and it was just Memorial weekend as well.

My question is should I contact the Hiring Manager (Yes, I have tracked down their email) or should I wait it out and trust the recruiter. How long should I wait?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2012, 04:13 PM
    I would wait about 2 weeks. I would follow up with the recruiter, maybe with a cc to the hiring manager.
    foodle4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 05:22 PM
    It really depends on the company and on the hiring manager. Personally, I appreciate one phone call about a week post-interview to say "Thanks again for meeting with me, and when should I expect to hear back?" Because I have a lot on my plate, hiring you might be on the list, but not near the top so the reminder can be helpful. On the other hand, calling or emailing multiple times is annoying, and if I wanted you that badly, I'd call you myself. So I'd say give it one go, but don't become a nuisance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waiting for an answer from the Hiring Manager. [ 2 Answers ]

I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager of a San Diego based company. Then, had an email from their HR giving me a date for an on-site interview complete with the schedule of all my interviews for that day. I requested a different day IF possible, they said it's OK and gave a verbal...

Cannot generate reports for Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager [ 4 Answers ]

I use Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager in my small business to track contacts and sales opportunities. Unfortunately I cannot get it to produce business reports - I keep getting the message : "The report could not be generated. Please try again" I have not found anything meaningful on...

View more questions Search