Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falsexpretense Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Does a cartilage percing hurt ?
    Kay, well. I've been wanting to get a cartilage percing for over 3 months now, but, i've been holding it off, because im WAY to terrified it's going to kill like heck, since it's going to be done with a needle at a tatoo parlor, since they dont allow using guns anymore for that specific peircing. My friend got it done, and said it hardly hurt at all, like she felt nothing, and im wanting to go this saturday, but im just afraid that the pain will KILL. So, does anyone know anything about getting a cartilage percing done?! PLEASE HELP :confused:
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Mine never hurt... but it does get really warm, once the blood rushes to that area... it does ache a little afterwards..
    russian_sw33tie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Only while it heals.. and don't dare sleep on it!!
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
    I had NO pain afterwards, the ear was only a little sore while touching it ONLY for a few days after getting it done. I just got mine pierced 2 weeks ago and they pierced my cartilage with a gun at Claires in the mall. As they pierced my ear I felt no pain at all, it felt like getting it done on the lobe of the ear and felt like a tiny pinch, or less if that. I squinched my eyes because I thought it was going to hurt but it didn't hurt at all.

Afterwards the same day I slept on that side and it was a tiny sore when I woke up but not much and then after I got up out of bed it didn't hurt anymore. After 3 days I could sleep on that side with no pain at all whatsoever and I still sleep on that side most nights with absolutely NO discomfort. There is absolutely nothing to be terrified about but I have to wrn you that I have heard that having it done with a needle hurts worse then with a gun but I have never had any needle piercings.

I am really afraid of needles and I hate the side of blood when I go to the doctor I feel light headed afterwards and they have to lay me back down but this is really nothing when you get it done with a gun and you will have little to no pain afterwards. It has been two weeks and I don't have any pain accept sometimes a little when I turn the earings. If you can go and get it done at Claires, Icing, or Walmart and they will use a piercing gun and you will NOT feel anything. I would not get mine done with a needle but that is just me, maybe in the long run a needle promotes better healing time but a gun is simple, quick and painless.

You were like me for a long time because I waited about 6 years, I am 22 now before I would even go and get my cartilage pierced because I was scared to death but you have nothing to worry about and so don't be afraid. You are working yourself over for no reason! Let me know on an update of how it feels and how the healing is but it should be the same as a regular lobe piercing and again I had no pain afterwards at all accept a little bit when pressing on my peircing to clean it, etc but when left alone I didn't even know that it was there.
    CaliGurl777 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Aug 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy681 View Post
    I had NO pain afterwards, the ear was only a little sore while touching it ONLY for a few days after getting it done. I just got mine pierced 2 weeks ago and they pierced my cartilage with a gun at Claires in the mall. As they pierced my ear I felt no pain at all, it felt like getting it done on the lobe of the ear and felt like a tiny pinch, or less if that. I squinched my eyes because I thought it was going to hurt but it didn't hurt at all.

Afterwards the same day I slept on that side and it was a tiny sore when I woke up but not much and then after I got up out of bed it didn't hurt anymore. After 3 days I could sleep on that side with no pain at all whatsoever and I still sleep on that side most nights with absolutely NO discomfort. There is absolutely nothing to be terrified about but I have to wrn you that I have heard that having it done with a needle hurts worse then with a gun but i have never had any needle piercings.

I am really afraid of needles and I hate the side of blood when I go to the doctor I feel light headed afterwards and they have to lay me back down but this is really nothing when you get it done with a gun and you will have little to no pain afterwards. It has been two weeks and I don't have any pain accept sometimes a little when I turn the earings. If you can go and get it done at Claires, Icing, or Walmart and they will use a piercing gun and you will NOT feel anything. I would not get mine done with a needle but that is just me, maybe in the long run a needle promotes better healing time but a gun is simple, quick and painless.

You were like me for a long time because I waited about 6 years, I am 22 now before I would even go and get my cartilage pierced because I was scared to death but you have nothing to worry about and so don't be afraid. You are working yourself over for no reason!! Let me know on an update of how it feels and how the healing is but it should be the same as a regular lobe piercing and again I had no pain afterwards at all accept a little bit when pressing on my peircing to clean it, etc but when left alone i didn't even know that it was there.
    It seems like you know A LOT about cartliage piercings so maybe you can help me. I have LOW pain tolerance and was wondering if it hurt and what it felt like when the gun goes through your skin?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 25, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGurl777 View Post
    It seems like you know A LOT about cartliage piercings so maybe you can help me. I have LOW pain tolerence and was wondering if it hurt and what it felt like when the gun goes through your skin?
    You should never get a piercing done with a gun unless it is simply your lobes! You are at risk of serious infection, an inaccurate/un-straight piercing and the shattering of your cartilage. Pay the extra few £ or $ and get it done with a sterile needle and not a gun that cannot be sterilized and most probably has other peoples bodily fluids on.
    kuhwfoisg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
    I want to get it but I'm scared it will hurt would it??
    kuhwfoisg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gauging a cartilage piercing [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I just pierced my cartilage myself, no pain at all right now.. no swelling.. basically everything went fine. My first question is.. 1.how long until I can take this out without it closing up too fast to put in another piercing 2.I have an 8 gauge bar (also used on my lob) that I was...

Does Cartilage Piercing hurt? Is it unsafe? [ 97 Answers ]

I am getting the top of my ear pierced, like on the side in the cartilage. I was wondering how much it will hurt if it is being done with a needle (not a gun) and how high chance it is for infection. I know that it takes a lot longer than a hole in your earlobe to heal, about a few months?

When will cartilage piercing pain go away? Can I eventually sleep on my side? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi I recently have had my cartilage pierced on my right ear only and it does not hurt at all right now and most of the time it doesn't hurt at all but it is sore when I touch it and it is too painful to spin the studs so I just leave them alone and try to clean them as much as I can with the...

Now that has got to hurt ! [ 3 Answers ]

Sod ropes go for glue: Robbers superglue naked man to exercise bike | The Register

I want to hurt him [ 5 Answers ]

You know the story, my husband left me for a woman half my age after he used the... out of me during the 8.5 years of our marriage. I'm mad as a hornet and filled with rage. But, I want to be whole again.. it has been less than three months since the liar left. Anyone else feel my pain and can help...

View more questions Search