Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngawd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Hallmark of Southwest Silversmith

What southwest silversmith marks (signs) his jewelry with initials OTT? Thank you for any help you can give me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 04:41 PM

youngawd, they are sooooooooooo many silversmiths in the southwest that probably every family has one. I don't think you can call their work 'hallmarked', that is reserved for silvermsiths who design jewellery. There aren't any native american artists who stand out for me and OTT could be anyone.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying hallmark for a native american silversmith [ 9 Answers ]

Several months ago my wife bought a belt buckle at a garage sale. It is fairly ornate with two bear claws, three pieces of turquoise ranging in size from the size of my thumbnail to the size of my index fingernail and two pieces of red coral. My first assumption on the bear claws was that they...

Southwest Hallmark Q.T. [ 12 Answers ]

I've been collecting this inlay jewelry for years. Does anyone have any info re: a hallmark stamp... Q.T. sterling or .925... with a copyright sign? I believe it may be costume and manufactured. Many of my pieces look exactly the same. Lots of stamped backs with inlay Plastic and or real stone....

Silversmith Hallmark [ 5 Answers ]

Can you tell me anything about the silversmith hallmark S&B PLATERO?:confused:

Can you identify the silversmith that uses a bear symbol hallmark. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a silver ring with gold overlay; it's a men's band ring, with the hallmarks: "Sterling" and ".925" and "14K" and a symbol of a bear, standing on all fours, facing to the left; no other markings. Would love to know the maker's name and origins. Want to sell it on Ebay, but want to know the...

View more questions Search