Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Colleen2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Is .55 carat really big?
    :confused: I was just wondering if .55 is too big? I don't want a big diamond, so I was just wondering if that is a resonable size.. Thanks:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Not that big, more on the smallish size. Look online for diamond sizes before you tell somebody you want a smallish diamond. It all depends on the size of your fingers and your hand size also. If you have a dainty hand and thin fingers, you would be much happier with a stone a bit bigger than .55. If you had a large hand and larger fingers, then this size would be very small on your hand.

Also you must take into account the size and shape of the setting that it will be mounted in. A plain setting actually makes the stone look smaller. A larger setting makes the stone look bigger. It all depends on your taste and of course the price of everything. Go looking at a local jewelry store and compare stones and settings to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 07:40 PM
    That's half a carat. Mine is about a quarter carat, in an offset "rounded" marquis setting. Rather than the size of the diamond, more critical is the setting and if it will catch on things as you move your hand around. I avoided settings that rose up too high off the ring or had sharp points.
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 01:01 AM
    0.55 carat would be approximately 5mm in size. That's a reasonable size, not too big.

Have a look at the Diamond relative Carat/Size comparison:
    http://www.b2cjewels.com/education/CaratGuide.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

DAEWOO 1.5i big big problems [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1994 daewoo 1.5i and recently for quite some time now when I drive about half an hour it splutters and chokes and cut's out. IT IS multi-point fuel injected. Do not know why it is doing this PLEASE HELP!! Add me on msn if you know why [email protected]

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

A big big big problem. [ 1 Answers ]

OK.. this one is weird. When I insert a cd in my cd-rom it reads it but it doesn't updates it. Not this is not a big problem but when I insert a writable cd and click on write these new files to this cd, I get the error that there is no cd in the cd-rom. Then I restart my operating system with the...

Get big [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best lifts to do if I want to get big and get cut up at the same time? I work out on a bowflex and do powerlifts with free weights>

View more questions Search