Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bizz9's Avatar
    bizz9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Nov 22, 2017, 05:36 PM
    18kt cyma watch
    Just received an 18kt gold Cyma watch and matching bracelet, the deployment clasp say several things, 750, Swiss made, cyma, some hallmarks, and 18KTS Gold. What does 18kts gold Mean. Is it solid 18kt? Thanks
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member
     
    #2

    Nov 23, 2017, 07:24 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "solid". 18kt. is a gold alloy. Pure gold is 24kt.
    18kt is a common alloy for jewelry.
    bizz9's Avatar
    bizz9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #3

    Nov 23, 2017, 08:22 AM
    I mean is 18kts the same as 18k or 18kt, solid 18 karat gold? Thanks
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member
     
    #4

    Nov 23, 2017, 01:34 PM
    Are you sure it is an "s" , not an "f". F means gold filled, much less valuable than 18kt.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #5

    Nov 23, 2017, 07:21 PM
    750 means it's 75% gold the other 25% is an alloy. 18kt means that the 75% that is gold, is 18 karat gold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

18kt Gold ring [ 0 Answers ]

My ring has a crown with HNS inside the crown what dose it stand for

Hallmark DL on 18kt bracelet [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has a bracelet that was her grandmothers. It is stamped DL 750. The 750 should mean 18 kt gold but what is the DL?

Meaning of makers hallmark on 18kt opal ring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ring with the following marks: 18KT H.G.E and a small crown next to the inititals. Does anyone have any information on this hallmark? Much Thanks Elly

Meaning of makers hallmark on 18kt gold brooch [ 1 Answers ]

My store has 2- 18kt yellow gold pins or brooches w/ HR on back they are both insects or bees my boss has owned them for thirty plus years. One has all diamonds and the other has sapphire and diamonds. What does the hr stand for?


View more questions Search