Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:30 AM
    How NYC will celebrate the 6th Anniversary of 9-11.
    Edit : Should read :

How will NYC commemorate the 6th Anniversary of 9-11.

Sunday Sept. 9 ,NYC will have a United American Muslim Day Parade .

This years grand marshal will be none other than the man who compared the 9-11 attacks to the fire at the Reichstag ;Rep. Keith Ellison ;the 1st Muslim elected to Congress.

He is in good company . Last year's grand marshal ,Siraj Wahhaj,was named as a potential co-conspirator in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. He also testifed as a character witness for the blind Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman ,the mastermind of the 1993 plot. Another past grand marshal was Muzammil Siddiqi ,named as a co-conspirator in financing millions of dollars of funds to Hamas. He has openly stated his desire that one day the US will be ruled by Shri'a law .
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:42 AM
    I find "celebrate" a very strange word to use in the context of 9-11. Do you really mean celebrate or do you mean something more along the line of "commemorate"?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 05:06 AM
    What is the purpose of this parade?
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 7, 2007, 07:24 AM
    You'd think that the Muslim community would want to do as much as possible to distance themselves from September 11, wouldn't you. Those who do not entertain thoughts about an Islamicized USA would do so in order to avoid being associated with such an idea. And those who do entertain such thoughts, you would think, would want to keep that fact a secret. But no... someone somewhere came up with the brilliant idea that having a Muslim-Day parade in New York City around the anniversary of the worst Islamic terrorist attack in US history would be a fun thing to do. Kind of like having a Nazi-Skinhead march in front of the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Battery Park City on Holocaust Memorial Day.

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Thankfully tom, we Texans probably stand more of a chance of having frijoles refritos as our next state food than Hummus. What does one do at a Muslim parade, burn Bush in effigy? Chant death to America? Re-enact a suicide bombing? Have a wet burqa contest? (I'm probably going to catch hell for this) :D
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 7, 2007, 08:02 AM
    The most important reason you would never catch me at a Muslim Day Parade (aside from the fact that I'm Jewish, that is) is the fact that they have no beer at the parade.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    The most important reason you would never catch me at a Muslim Day Parade (aside from the fact that I'm Jewish, that is) is the fact that they have no beer at the parade.
    Good observation. For me it would also be no spare ribs or pulled pork sandwiches.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
    To complete the image I think they should parade down the "canyon of hero's " with NYC finest and bravest cheering them on.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
    More accurately, is sounds to me; like they are celebrating their Supremacies, not to commemorate the 6th Anniversary of 9-11.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Much ado about nothing... as usual, Tom. :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 11:56 AM
    I went to another site about this Muslim Day Parade:
    New York Islamist Day Parade Aims to promote Islam with terror linked sponsors - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

I "get" the idea behind them standing up for their beliefs. Not that I agree with their beliefs. But why so close to 9/11 and why so so close to Ground Zero? Why not just rub a little more salt into the not yet healed wounds?
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Much ado about nothing....as usual, Tom. :)
    Ellison generally “downplayed the role of religion in his drive for office”, but since his 2006 election he has become active in advocacy for Islamic causes on a national level.

Notice he is not active in advocacy for African American causes.

P. S. EDIT I see you removed the African American part of your original post. :D
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Crow, I edited it THREE TIMES! What appears is the original. As usual, I didn't read the post very carefully as I do with "certain people" here... decided this is strictly a local issue for haters and propagandizers to **blow out of proportion**, and went back to my original comment. :D
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Crow, I edited it THREE TIMES!! What appears is the original. As usual, I didn't read the post very carefully as I do with "certain people" here.....decided this is strictly a local issue for haters and propagandizers to **blow out of proportion**, and went back to my original comment. :D
    Ah so desu ka
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 7, 2007, 07:45 PM

THE PARADE OF FOOLS
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Perhaps if 9-11 happened to the Sears Tower and you had gone to the funerals of some of the victims like I did then you would change your tone Choux. Why would Ellison want to be associated with a group who would have jihadists as former grand marshalls ? He would do his religion a better service if he identified himself with the likes of Ayaan Hirsi Ali or Irshad Manji .
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM

THE PARADE OF FOOLS
    Somehow I don’t believe that is a photo-op from the parade; if it is not it’s racist or at best a slander of American Muslims.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 8, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    Somehow I don't believe that is a photo-op from the parade; if it is not it's racist or at best a slander of American Muslims.

Although we have plenty of our own here in the States, those fools were Persian according to the site that I lifted the image from. Did you see on the news that the Grand Marshall of fools, otherwise known as "OBL," released another video tape? Guess what he said? OBL said that he welcomes all Americans to become Muslims. Big surpise... huh?

BTW Muslims are not a particular race of people. However, Islam's teachings are clear concerning Muslim goals: increased violence, then destroy Jews and Christians. Much the same rampage as Mohammed acted out when he saw that Jews were not going to convert to his personal beliefs. Oh! And if you're neither Jew or Christian, don't worry. If you're not Muslim, then according to their book you're still an infidel.

"Major and minor signs will reveal that the end times have arrived (Sura 21:96, 27:82, 43:61)

Major Signs:

1. Gross materialism

2. Women outnumber men

3. Muslims defeat Jews in battle; Muslims and Christians battle unbelievers together, then Muslims defeat Christians in battle.

Minor Signs:

1. Increase in bloodshed and war

2. Contraction of time

3. Religious knowledge decreases

4. Prevalence of the ungodly"

__________________________________________________ __

Bobby
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM

Minor Signs:

1. Increase in bloodshed and war
    2. Contraction of time
    3. Religious knowledge decreases
    4. Prevalence of the ungodly"

__________________________________________________ __

Bobby
    Bobby,
    I would just like to clarify a point you made regarding the Minor signs-Increase in bloodshed and war,
    This does not refer to Muslims/Islam coming out to fight wars,but that bloodshed and war among humanity as a whole will increase.Nor is it an encouragement for Muslims/Islam to wage wars for no reason.

I am just trying to clarify a point and not to argue... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6th Wedding Anniversary [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, next weekend my husband and I will celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss. We've been doing the traditional gifts (sometimes with creatives spins, as the year we got bikes for each other in the colors of Orange and Grape to cover "fruits and vegetables") Year 6 is "Iron", and I'm stumped. I...

Lets Celebrate [ 5 Answers ]

Life is good, too many of us forget that. So, lets have a celebration of life aye Because life is good Ill start with that's good in my life -im surrounded by good people, who care about me -im pursuing a relationship with god -Its so easy to laugh and smile! :) -I am talented, I can do good...

Live in nj working in nyc own a 2nd home in nyc [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I recently moved to nj oct. 06. I continue to work in nyc as a teacher my husband a paramedic in brooklyn. We also own our prior home a 3 fam building in brooklyn, ny. Should we fill out taxes in nj and if we don't does that affect our property tax break(nj) or property tax Rebate(nj)?

3 year anniversary [ 11 Answers ]

Hey there! In November, my fiance' and I will have been together for 3 years. I would like to do something nice for him, take him somewhere or something to show how much I appreciate him moving across the state for me away from his hometown. And, well, just putting up with me in general. Anyone...

Which religion doesn't celebrate birthdays? [ 19 Answers ]

I brought cake to my sons class and a girl had to be pulled out because her parents gave specific instructions that their religion does not allow the celebration of birthdays. Actually her family does not celebrate any holdays. I was just curious to know which religion this is so that I could...

View more questions Search