Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    planetdi24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 10:31 AM
    He died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce
    Please Help me!
    My brother died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce. His evil wife (only 2 years marriage) now is trying to get all my brother's heritage (i.e. the house of my parents-they still paying a house-loan). Is anything we can do to prevent this?
    Thank you in advance for your help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2011, 10:55 AM

Without knowing where you are it is impossible to say BUT his evil wife was his legal wife when he died and, therefore, she is entitled to collect by Law in your area.
    planetdi24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Dear Judy,
    Thank you so much for your kind reply! Indeed, by Law in greece she is entitled to collect, unless we prove that he was not planning to return to her ever again? He had moved 6 months back to my parent's house. Thus, do we have any "official court's decisions" about this? It is not fair, she is a really bad person, she started sending letters from attorneys, only a month after my brother died.. She was looking for bank accounts only two days after the funeral... Sometimes lows, should be more flexible... dont you think?
    Sorry for my english and once again thank you again for your help!
    Planetdi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 11:18 AM

All you can do is try to show by the divorce proceedings that was his plan, It will be up to the court

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issuance of land contract without mutual owner consent [ 4 Answers ]

If 2 people are on a valid house title, can one create a 'land contract' with an individual without consent of other person on title?

What's the procedure for a mutual agreement to modify stipulations in divorce decree? [ 6 Answers ]

We got divorced in 1997. We both have remarried. Our children are over eighteen now. There are a few other changes in circumstances. What is the easiest way to amend or modify some of the stipulations in that decree in South Dakota.

Motion to modify divorce decree [ 1 Answers ]

The trial judgment order my ex have the right to sell the family home but my ex did everything he can to stop the sell of the home. Can I modify the judgment to have me the right to sell the family home? Would it be heard by the different judge?

How to file motion for divorce discovery [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file a motion for discovry in a divorce to find out all assets specifically with a law office pertaining to a law suit settlement

Divorce with mutual understanding [ 2 Answers ]

I want divorce with mutual understanding.actually I am unemployed but she is employed & earn sufficient to survive her life.I also want that if she want to marry to any other person there is no objection from my side.

View more questions Search