Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makimak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2010, 01:24 PM
    interviewing with a different guy
    today I had an interview. Before I was told that the manager would interview me. So when I got the call I said good morning mr. x because I was supposed to talk to him. The guy over the phone didn't t say I'm not mr. x and we continued. During the interview I was thinking I was talking to the manager.but on the other hand I felt like the guy sounds so young for a manager and he doesn't t have manner like a manager. After the interview I wanted to send a thank you later and also I wanted to figure out who was the interviewer and I called human resources department and I said I had an interview today and the guy over the phone didn't t correct me that I wasn t talking to the manager but I have doubts that he is the manager they told me no he was the manager. But I wasn t satisfied. Then I found the real manager's extension and I said mr. x we were supposed to have an interview today and I talked with a gentleman and I called him with your name and he didn't correct me but I felt it wasn t you he said sorry because he had an urgent issue on behalf of him another person interviewed me I asked his email address to send him a thank you letter and thanked him.

did I act weirdly by chasing after who interviewed me? And why didn't the guy over the phone tell me he isn't t the manager? I felt disappointed. But at the end while I was talking to the real manager he sounded to me very friendly and he told me he wish to meet me in person interview.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 02:48 PM

Hi I think this happens a lot of the time with interviews, I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds as though you did just fine, especially if the real manager wants to see you in person.

Goodluck I hope you get the job.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 06:55 AM

Managers often have someone else interview, but I personally think the interveiwer was rude by not personally introducing himself to you.

He should have told you who he was and also said that Mr. X was tied up and he was interviewing for him.

Hope you get the job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can employers ask you about interviewing? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently went on an interview. My current supervisor directly asked me when if I had been on an interview. Then proceeded to "interrogate" me about it asking me the details of it. Can he/she do that? What is my recourse?

What questions do employers ask while interviewing [ 1 Answers ]

I just got out of school:eek: and looking for a/c jobs maybe just doing installs for now until I get more confedent but I just wanted an idea of what employers might ask while interviewing Thank you

Interviewing Fears [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in retail management for over 7yrs, I am now looking for a job and of course Going on interviews. I fear them so much, because I don't do a good job at articulating my Skills an abilities, I am confident in my abilities and feel I can manage any establishment. I feel that my lack of...

View more questions Search