Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nolove1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 02:35 AM
    How do I lose weight, but gain muscle?
    I stand 5'1'' and weigh about 225 pounds. I want to get to 185, but keep building muscle. How do I without dehydration?
    nolove1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 02:42 AM

That was supposed to be 5 foot 11 inches.
    boatbuilder Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 07:08 PM

To lose that fat you need have a strict diet and workout to maintain your muscle. You can't really build muscle and lose the fat at the same time.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:24 AM

Lift heavy weights intensely, while eating at a calorie deficit. Once a week or so, have a refeed day, when you rest and allow your muscles to use all the extra food to beef themselves up. It's not the ideal way to do it, you normally have to choose between bulking or cutting, but at least if you lift hard and have the occasional refeed, you won't lose muscle.
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 25, 2009, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    Lift heavy weights intensely, while eating at a calorie deficit. Once a week or so, have a refeed day, when you rest and allow your muscles to use all the extra food to beef themselves up. It's not the ideal way to do it, you normally have to choose between bulking or cutting, but at least if you lift hard and have the occasional refeed, you won't lose muscle.

I have never tried that bro, sounds Narley..

I know when I am Off Season I am eating EVERYTHING in sight while hitting the weights HARD. I usually pack on 30-40 pounds and lose about 20 of it when I am cutting.

What you want to do is this, listen up;

Do compound movements (exercises that contract/push more then just one muscle group at a time) Do Squats, Bench Press, Dips, Pull ups, Dead lifts etc.. GO HARD, EAT BIG! You will get huge. Never under eat, you NEED calories and food in your system chief. When you get to your desired bod with your python arms and rock hard chest THEN you start cutting up and get shredded. You eat less calories (take 100 calories off every month) and do lots cardiovascular activity like jogging, running etc.. Drink lots of water, Eat lots of Fibre, and still hit the weights.

You will get there Amigo!

:D
    Steel_Force Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 12, 2011, 01:58 PM
    The answer is to build your muscles through bodybuilding.

The fact is, muscle burns fat, and the more of it you have the more muscle you will burn. See, muscle is like a fat-burning machine. It takes calories to make muscle function, thus, the more muscle you have the more fat you can burn. It is really quite basic concept really.

Now, you need to make the muscle.. so how do you do that?

Well, everybody know you can lift weights and do resistance training to build muscle. And this requires a good bodybuilding routine, for which I recommend beginners start with a 2-3 days per week regimen using mainly compound movements.

Compound movements are those exercises which incorporate using several muscle at the same time with one exercise. One such example would be the bench press. The bench press works primarily the chest muscles, but it also works the triceps and deltoids (and even the stomach muscles) to some extent at the same time. This is the definition of a "compound" movement.

You also need a great diet / nutrition program and plenty of rest.

You can also try to get the best bodybuilding supplements you can because good ones can help you build more muscle mass faster than you would otherwise.

Building muscle while losing unwanted fat weight go hand-in-hand. Do one (build the muscle) and you will automatically do the other (lose fat) at the same time. That is, barring that you are eating poorly with too many carbs and fats. The key to success is to do things properly... eat right, rest enough and get some proper exercises down... and maybe the supplements too, and you will be well on your way to gaining the muscle and losing the fat you want.

If you need a 34 yr veteran bodybuilding coach to help you (yes, free of course) I would be happy to assist. If you go to my profile page you can find my personal email address so you can contact me with any concerns or questions you may have about fitness etc.

... best of luck in your fitness quest!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain muscle but stay in my weight class? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I wrestle for high school 103 weight class I want to get stronger but I'm really lazy. I love to wrestle and want to get better and stronger but stay in my weight class PLEASE HELP! Any tips?

A good weight and muscle gain routine? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew any good techniques or routines to put on weight in muscle, I've been underweight for years now and I'm on a good work out plan but its only gotten me ripped and toned but I would prefer to gain muscle weight before toning, any tips, tricks or even any...

14 Year Old & Need To Lose Weight/Build Muscle [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, It is new year and my new year resolution is to lose a bit of weight and get slightly musclier. I am 14 years old, weigh 70 kg, 5 '7. I am not fat and my friends or family do not think I am either. I am quite a big build and have quite a bit of muscle. Problem is I have a hot-tub party in a...

Lose Weight, Gain Muscle the healthy way. [ 9 Answers ]

Aloha, My name is Grace from Hawaii, and I was wondering If anyone had a good way to lose weight and gain Muscle at the same time... the healthy way. My area of work requires a fit body, well only If you require success. I just want to feel good About the way I look. Can anyone help? ...

View more questions Search