Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boatbuilder Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Bigger arms
    I know this question has been thrown around time and again, I've been hitting the gym hard for 4yrs now and my bies have been laging been behind latly, what is the best thing to do? I want good size arms, not to big but defined
    MoodsterMan Posts: 38, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 5, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boatbuilder View Post
    i know this question has been thrown around time and again, ive been hitting the gym hard for 4yrs now and my bies have been laging been behind latly, what is the best thing to do? i want good size arms, not to big but defined
    As a general rule you should go by; Every 15 pounds of muscle you pack on = 1inch on arms.

However, I would not JUST do arms.. I would work on your whole body.

The best thing to do for your arms would be Preacher Curls, Tricep pull downs and some sort of forearm workout. After you have enough base to work with you then want to do more isolation workouts like Hammer Curls, Skull Crushers and 21's.

You should also eat 19 calories per pound of bodyweight to gain weight, make sure you are eating 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. Once you have the size you want, you can then start doing cardiovascular exercising and burn all the extra fat and flab you don't.. off.

Good luck, keep us informed. :D
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 7, 2009, 08:10 PM
    ironclad04 here! Yeah do what he said! It works trust me!! Working your whole body while focusing on your arms as a main goal, saves you the energy to build more muscle as well as the selected area you want most, I've been doing my arms this way too and they're in the best shape I've ever had them, good results done naturally!! I also do a lot of wrist curls as well to stregthen the forearms, and triceps! About 10-15 curls, and 5-8lb wrist curls, does the trick!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get bigger bicepts [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering, what is the most quick way to build muscle on the bicepts? Thanks

6-1 220. Want to get bigger legs, smaller waist-38" now, and big arms. Workout plans? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone provide a good sustainable(maybe 3-6 months goal) workout plan for 6-1 220 age 44 with waist at 38" and want bigger arms. My goal is to get bigger legs-- defined glutes and legs- see the six pac and overall definition. Any suggestions out there? Thanks,

A bigger butt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everone Is there a way that I could possibly make my butt bigger, and my waist smaller through exercise or food?

View more questions Search