Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geoh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2004, 03:38 AM
    SpyBot
    Windows2000

I have run SpyBot for some while. (I also run AdAware).

Spybut used to run a full scan relatively quickly but currently seems to have slowed down - and getting slower.

Any help appreciated.

GeorgeH.

??
    argeldeggy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2004, 01:58 AM
    Re: SpyBot
    Make sure to always do, diskcleanup, scandisk, and defrag.
    geoh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2004, 02:53 AM
    SpyBot
    Yep, do do.

Many thanks.

George H.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2004, 10:26 AM
    As far as spyware removers go, although spybot is very popular, unfortunately it is far less effective than others on the market. Its popular because of the free updates but it's simply not as effective as Spysweeper or Giant AntiSpyware. They both have free trials but I guarantee that once you use Giant AntiSpyware which is a relatively new program, you will GLADLY pay DOUBLE what they are asking for it! When it comes to spyware removal, at least in this case, you really do get what you pay for!

You may download a free trial of the software at the link below. Just click on "Products" and then "Free Downloads." This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 12:30 AM
    SPyware
    http://www.toptenreviews.com/
    Try this review website,

IT reviews and compares the top 10 anti spyware programs, and the top 10 of nearly any software made,

Have not heard of Giant Antispyware, but will try it out.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:06 AM
    Spyware
    I found and tried out this Giant Anti Spyware program, apparently Microsoft purchased this company and is now offering, the spyware program themselves as a free beta version on the MIcrosoft website.

It does look to be a very solid one, but I have found you need at least 3 or 4 good programs to get everything.

Try Giant or now MS spyware.
    Adware
    Spybot search and destroy
    Spysweeper
    Spyware Eliminator

These 4 should get rid of anything without adding anything to your system themselves as some other spyware do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot s&d [ 5 Answers ]

I have just recenlt downloaded spybot s&d onto my girlfriens computer but when you load it up and press 'check for problems' the program stops responding. I have tried this many times and still haven't had any luck. I have also uninstalled it and installed it again but it doesn't seem 2 work. ...

SpyBot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use AdAware_SE, which has updates about every week. I also use SpyBot, but it hasn't had any updates for awhile now. Also use Spyware Blaster, with regular updates. Does anyone use a different free program, other than AdAware_SE, and Spyware Blaster, that you find has regular updates? I...

Spybot & Firefox [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running spybox and the same tracking cookies keep coming back despite by best intentions to get rid of them. My browser is Firefox. I'm also running spyblaster. I've noticed a fix for DSO Exploit in spybot by blocking the product is it safe to do the same with the following? Or is there a...

Spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I ran spybot s&d came up with error during check cabrotor[Datei:C:\windows\winiini Kan nic what does that mean?

Spybot entries [ 4 Answers ]

First I would like to say, "Greetings, and thanks for having me." As of late, I have been bopping in and out of the Registry, I noticed my teenage daughter has a bunch of these Spybot problem entries in her registry that I didn't notice in mine. EZulu, Hotbar are two that come to mind.  I...

View more questions Search