Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noraisens Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Can't get on the network and internet
    I have a macintosh with a airless linksys router.
    My cable line is connected to it I have a powerbook that hooks up occasionally with airport.
    I did have my windows xp machine working on it. But I had to reformat my drive. I am using a dell wireless usb adapter. The machine can recognize the linksys but cannot connect to the internet. It says the internet cable is not connected! What am I missing? It asked for the ipgateway and I used my router number 192.168.1.1 and it says it cannot recognize it.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 26, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Do you have any security configured on the wireless router? It could be that you have to put the security key back in on your xp machine in order for it to work. If you're having trouble finding the key, you could connect directly to it with an ethernet cable and test that way first.
    noraisens Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 03:49 PM
    I just hooked up the ethernet cable and disconnected the wireless.
    It works.
    Ron
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 27, 2006, 03:25 AM
    Right, so the router is fine, you just need to set the correct settings for the wireless access. Have you enabled WEP on the router?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet sharing on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

Network over the internet [ 11 Answers ]

I need to set up a network between three computers two are Networked through Ethernet, but I need to access the third over the internet. How do I set up the protocol? Two of the computer's run Windows XP and the third is running OS X Panther. I need to connect to one of the XP computers with the...

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

View more questions Search