Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spock Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2004, 09:09 PM
    Spybot entries
    First I would like to say, "Greetings, and thanks for having me."

As of late, I have been bopping in and out of the Registry, I noticed my teenage daughter has a bunch of these Spybot problem entries in her registry that I didn't notice in mine.

EZulu, Hotbar are two that come to mind.  I was very tempted to just remove them from the Registry. I did remove Kazaa, but not these two or any others that made me see red. Should I have pulled the plug here, or was I wise to wait and seek wise council?  

Am I getting too paranoid about all this?  

Thoughts?  Advice?  
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2004, 08:50 PM
    Re: Spybot entries
    g'day spock...

Make sure your current with all windows system and IE patches especially security patches, also service packs for IE and windows, and make sure you get rid of any crap like cool bar and hot bars for net and ne dialers. Sounds like the PC has been hyjacked, there various system sweepers available, not sure if there available to non coperate customers thou, also anythink like jimmysurf or mozilla, they are all listeners, most freeware and share ware are listeners are spybots of some sort.

Regards~
    joejoe831 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 07:03 PM
    go to this site http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_intro.php
    here they have a free spy ware and adware scan .
    they use X-Cleaner this will take out all spyware and addware out. And they have all infor on all spyware
    argeldeggy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 05:54 AM
    Make sure!! To download bazooka scanner
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2004, 05:39 PM
    I use Giant AntiSpyware to remove spyware and adware on a daily basis in my business because it seems to work better than all others that I have tried as it is way more thorough and much more effective than the competition. You may download a free trial of the software at the link below. Just click on "Products" and then "Free Downloads." This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot s&d [ 5 Answers ]

I have just recenlt downloaded spybot s&d onto my girlfriens computer but when you load it up and press 'check for problems' the program stops responding. I have tried this many times and still haven't had any luck. I have also uninstalled it and installed it again but it doesn't seem 2 work. ...

SpyBot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use AdAware_SE, which has updates about every week. I also use SpyBot, but it hasn't had any updates for awhile now. Also use Spyware Blaster, with regular updates. Does anyone use a different free program, other than AdAware_SE, and Spyware Blaster, that you find has regular updates? I...

Spybot & Firefox [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running spybox and the same tracking cookies keep coming back despite by best intentions to get rid of them. My browser is Firefox. I'm also running spyblaster. I've noticed a fix for DSO Exploit in spybot by blocking the product is it safe to do the same with the following? Or is there a...

SpyBot [ 5 Answers ]

Windows2000 I have run SpyBot for some while. (I also run AdAware). Spybut used to run a full scan relatively quickly but currently seems to have slowed down - and getting slower. Any help appreciated. GeorgeH.

Spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I ran spybot s&d came up with error during check cabrotor[Datei:C:\windows\winiini Kan nic what does that mean?

View more questions Search