Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lord Hobo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Can you run a wire from a router to a hub & have internet from the hub
    Can I run 1 wire from my router to a hub in my room to connect a computer & 2 xboxs instead of running 3 wires to my room?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 01:04 AM
    I would rather use a switch to have all three systems connected to it and one wire running to the router...
    jslande01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hobo
    Can i run 1 wire from my router to a hub in my room to connect a computer & 2 xboxs instead of running 3 wires to my room?
    Yes, depending on the hub, it may have to be what is called a crossover cable. Most broadband "router/firewalls" support 254 computers connected to them, even though they may only have 1 to 4 hub ports on them.
    TX300 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Hub is peace of crap if you want a good full connection from what your provider gives. I would rather say switch is a good thing although they are working on the same layer on OSI but switch is dilevered the full bandwidth with-out striping or dividing. It means you can gain an access in a good way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting router to hub [ 2 Answers ]

I hooked up an extra router to extend the CAT5 cable and have a spare connection for a laptop. Internet worked fine but printing stopped working. After further investigation I realized the 2nd router was assigning it's own IP addresses, and since it's gateway is 192.168.2.1 it assigned...

Separating a cast iron hub & spigot joint [ 1 Answers ]

Title says it all. I've done a comple gut on a 120 year old bathroom. The cast iron closet flange is broken (and quite gnarly) It connects into a "t" in the vent stack. How do I remove the offending iron flange? I believe it is sealed with the old school molten lead. Huge thanks to any...

Joining hub and spigot with no-hub cast iron pipe [ 4 Answers ]

HELLO GUYS, I have a question I hope you could help me. I have an old piping, CAST IRON hub and spigot. It is installed underground with the bell portion protruding for insertion of the soil stack. I would like to use no-hub cast iron pipes for the upper part of my house. Can I easily insert the...

How does a hub work [ 6 Answers ]

I have telewest broadband and two p.c's. Can I use a hub along with my cable modem to split the signal via ethernet?

Hub vs. No-Hub Drain? [ 12 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a rather expensive shower drain and strainer assembly for my upcoming bathroom remodel. I am being asked whether I want a Hub or No-Hub drain. The contractor is sub-contracting a plumber who said tell them they'll probably use PVC pipe, and whatever is necessary to...

View more questions Search