Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    LTheobald's Avatar
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

    Nov 18, 2004, 02:37 PM
    Business License In The UK?
    Hi all,

    My girlfriend and I are looking at starting up a web site to sell comic books, manga and anime. The plan is to start with a web site and hopefully one day expand into owning a store of our own.

    I've just been looking over some wholesalers and a lot of them want...

    A business license, sales tax license, or other permit required by law to conduct business in your location. (Some jurisdictions may not require this documentation.)

    Now we both live in the UK. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of license this will be or if we need one at all?

    Thanks for any help,
    sadgrove's Avatar
    sadgrove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 10, 2004, 06:18 PM
    In the UK you don't need a licence to operate a business of the sort you indicate. The messages you have read are from the USA, where things are more stringent.

    Technically speaking, you aren't supposed to run a business from home but the local authority is unlikely to take action unless you run an anti-social business, such as a scrap yard or car breakers, from home.

    The simplest option is to operate as a sole trader.

    Get free advice from your local Business Link -

    Or Prince's Trust
    TJhooker's Avatar
    TJhooker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 10, 2012, 01:26 AM
    Try going to the bisnis ceneter > < or > < pop down to your local bisnis center and tell them your idea and get your bisnis of the drowing bord and into action also using iconsite you can bild a free website > < if done the start of it you can do the rest ijoy I hape all gose well
    Richard grantham @ granthams tributs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker License [ 9 Answers ]

I need to find out information on "Breaker License" in the United Kingdom.

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Operating without a business license [ 2 Answers ]

Can a company subcontract out to a "business" that has no business license legally?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search