A person providing the online services to US company (never visited US) and paid for the service from from US. Now, the US company asked to

- submit form W-8BEN.

Should he obtain U.S. taxpayer identification number (SSN or ITIN), or Foreign tax identifying number - prior to submitting form W-8BEN?

The estimated income for 2018 is $18,000 or more.