Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pgrandt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Chair rail trim
    How do I end the trim on an open corner? Straight cut or miter cut?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
    There a couple ways you can end it. I like to use a return.
    That is when you cut a 45 on the wall piece, cut the opposite 45 on a scrap piece. The same 45's you would use for an outside corner.
    On the scrap piece very carefully cut the 45 miter off in the miter box.
    Take this little piece with the 45 cut and put it against the 45 on the wall piece.

You can also end the run with a 22.5 miter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mildew on chair cushions [ 1 Answers ]

How can I safely remove mildew from canvas blue and white striped cushions?

How high should a chair rail be? [ 3 Answers ]

I am thinking of adding a chair rail in my dining room, but I don't know how high it should be. Is there a standard height? Also, how do you deal with doors and larger openings without doors (like between the kitchen and dining room)? How about windows? We have standard size double hungs that...

Wood Trim manufacturing and Carbon Fiber [ 4 Answers ]

I have a jaguar S-type 2005. The gear shift knob handle on it is made from real/authentic Honey Burl wood (which matches the rest of the car's interior). Anyway, I was wondering how to manufacture a piece like this (like a 3D solid piece, NOT a flat type piece). I have researched that the...

Rocking Chair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old rocking chair that uses wicker material for the back rest and the seat area, this wicker fell apart and I bought more but I don't know how to treated since is hard. Was told to sumerged in warm water and wait until is soft to work with it. Is this correct I'm afraid to do it and...

Replacing trim [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing some of the wood trim in my home. Some areas on the sheet rock does not have 2x4 reinforcement to nail to. How would you suggest I install the trim with? It seems that when I use the trim nails they will not hold the wood flush against the sheetrock.

View more questions Search