Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puptales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Drilling floor joists
    I work for a central vac center as an installer and my boss says it is OK to drill 2 1/4 in holes in joists vertically and horizontally. He also tells me to drill in any board, laminated, tji, beams, anything. Is there codes for this?
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Nov 4, 2006, 04:02 PM
    Have a look at this: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/constr...tml#post134617

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Drilling in Alaska [ 18 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of drilling oil in Alaska? Should we or shouldn't we?

Guidelines for drilling a floor joist [ 29 Answers ]

We need to run some 12/2 Romex through the floor joists of a newly built home. Can we drill the floor joists wherever we see fit, or are there limits?

Cantilever floor joists [ 6 Answers ]

I wish to replace the flat picture window in our house with a bow window. I want to extend the floor by sistering the existing joists and extending them out 24 inches from the wall. There is one catch though, the existing joists are imbedded in the concrete wall of the foundation. Any ideas out...

Running Drain pipes through 2 x 8 floor joists. [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an addition and need to move my 3" drain pipes. My question is can Holes be cut into the floor joists (2 x 8). to accept the 3" pipes. The pipes are for the upstairs bathrooms.

Oil Drilling? A few questions? [ 1 Answers ]

My class is doing our own debate about drilling oil in antartica and we need statistics and facts to help our debate. I am on the team that is againts drilling and I'm curious how drilling pil would affect animals. Can someone tell me?:)

View more questions Search