Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hafichuk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Reusing ceramic floor tiles
    How do you clean old ceramic floor tiles to reuse?
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Aug 22, 2009, 04:34 PM

Soak them in a sinkful of hot water and white vinegar overnight. Next day clean off as much as you can by hand and with a wire brush attached to a drill. Keep soaking and cleaning until they are ready to use. They don't have to be perfect but close.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 04:12 PM

When using wire wheel on drill, be sure to wear mask and safety glasses. Try to do grinding outside.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing ceramic floor tiles in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I let the mortar set before applying the grout. Then, how long do I let the grout sit. I have been told and read conflicting tips. Some say 24 hours. Some say a couple of days. I am installing the floor in our bathroom. In our only bathroom. I have to remove the toilet. Needless to say...

Reusing tiles [ 7 Answers ]

Had to remove the bottom half of a tiled shower, The tiles came off (too) easy with very little residue on the back. I'd like to reuse them since they are all cut to fit already. Is this OK? How well do they have to be cleaned and what would be the method ? I'm not attempting to reuse the floor...

Loud cracking noise under ceramic tiles on concrete slab floor. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Florida and my home was built in 1994. Last night I was woken up by a very loud cracking noise under my floor tiles in the laundry room off the garage. None of the tiles broke,but now when I walk on them it sounds like there is loose mortar underneath them. My question is... what...

Ceramic Tiles on a Concrete Basement Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install ceramic tiles in my basement. The floor is concrete. What do I have to do?

View more questions Search