Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Primer paint
    Can you mix a can of primer paint into the regular paint?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 03:58 PM

Probably not agood idea but, yes if they are both oil or both latex. This is not a good idea since there can still be a reaction that will affect the paint adversely. Can you tell us more about what you are doing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Primer as a ceiling paint [ 9 Answers ]

I am redoing my bathroom by myself and have primed the ceiling with Behr Water Based Primer and Sealer. My husband wants me to leave it. He says that will serve as ceiling paint also. It is in a small bathroom off the master bedroom and has no fan for ventilation. I think I should use ceiling...

Primer and Paint [ 3 Answers ]

I have put primer over a black wall and want to paint it orange. The problem is I put 4 coats of paint and it's not covering.I have A thick expensive paint and don't understand.I was told to put More coats until it's covered.Is this what I should do?

Paint Primer [ 1 Answers ]

I heard that you can thin down water based paint with water and use it as a primer on drywall prior to painting. If true, what is the paint - water ratio?

Using ceiling paint as a primer [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if it is OK to use ceiling paint as a primer on my wall that was just spackled?

View more questions Search