Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hyacinth15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Electric Furnace in a Bedroom Closet?
    I am considering turning my garage into a bedroom, but this would require building a closet to hide the electric furnace and water heater. Is this legal? Safe? I can't find any information online for this, so either I don't know where to look, or it's never been done before. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 06:22 PM

Will work just fine, may be a problem if you had gas units, but not electric. Just make sure to leave enough room to get them out later.
    Hyacinth15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 07:56 AM

Thanks!
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

May 26, 2009, 07:59 AM

I would consider a vent purhaps a door vent I've seen that in the past

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Master bedroom closet. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house that is two years old. In the master bedroom the closet has a vent that blows warm air, but the closet is freezing cold. If I keep the door of the closet open. The closet temperature is the same as the room. What do I need to do to keep the closet warm without the door open?

AC/Furnace Plug in closet has No Power [ 1 Answers ]

I have fliiped the breaker, and I still get no power to the plug inside the AC/Furnace closet. I have run a small extension cord to the nearest plug so we have heat for now. I changed the plug inside the closet to a new one from home depot, but I still have no power. Don't know what to do from...

Replacing bedroom and closet doors. [ 11 Answers ]

I have very plain hollow bedroom and closet doors which I'd like to replace one by one. I'm looking at the more modern doors that have a colonial design pattern on both sides but are also hollow. Do I have to replace the door jams/frame too, or can I just take off the old and install the new ones...

R&R furnace to HE in Closet, can I seal vent holes? [ 1 Answers ]

Removed old down-draft gas furnace in closet area and replaced with High Efficiency down-draft. Combustion air vented from outside as well as exhaust. Not a typical straight up through roof or chimney, but through a exterior wall. All the necessary ends for both feeds are in place. The question...

Electric light needed in closet [ 1 Answers ]

In the hall wall closet it needs light. There is no electric outlet close by that I can tap into. Only a switch nearby. Can I tap into a switch. The switch only has a positive wire. No neutral. Is this correct??

View more questions Search