Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramashyama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 06:25 AM
    Painting old wooden doors
    I have wooden doors in my house which are very old. I want to repaint them. How can I do this by myself?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 06:34 AM

Firstly you will need to undo the hinges on the doors and place them in a ventialted area where you want to paint them.

Then sand the doors and remove any old paint, this also helps rough up the surface for the new paint to stick to.

You can buy a paint primer to help the paint stick. (I have never used it but you are supposed to)

Then it's as simple as taking a brush/roller and painting them.

Once they are dry, re-screw them to the hinges and you will have nice fresh doors :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting kitchen doors [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to paint my kitchen cupboard doors, but I have been told that they should be ployethene how do I go about this. Can you buy this paint or do I have to get an professional to this task for me. I live in the sutherland shire, NSW any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Painting Fiberglass doors [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to prepare and paint new exterior fiberglass doors?

Painting Exterior Wooden Deck Rail [ 3 Answers ]

A treated deck was installed in 2004, no paint or stain at this time. In 2006 I painted the top rail with an exterior wood paint. The painted surface is now chipping and flaking off. I'm assuming that I should have primed it first (ouch). My question is, do I now have to sand this down to a bare...

View more questions Search