Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dana732 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
    Painting shower walls
    I have an old, retro 70s shower wall (plastic with gold plating) that needs replacing, but I am on a tight budget. Can I seal and paint the existing shower wall until I am able to rip out and replace? Any advice on how to proceed?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Sure! Not saying it's the recommended deco for a shower stall but for your purpose; just fine.

Rough up the surface of the shower wall real well with sandpaper and use pool paint (if Lowes/HomeDepot does not carry it, look for a local pool supply store).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting Tile on Shower Floor and Walls [ 3 Answers ]

We are about to begin setting the tile in the shower. Which should we do first? The floor or the walls?

Painting walls black [ 2 Answers ]

I did not prime the wall before painting it black. I have put 3 coats on. The paint is thick and seems to go on uneven. How do I get a more even coat? Can I thin the paint?:cool:

Painting kitchen walls behind cainets [ 2 Answers ]

I had my kitchen walls and ceiling skimmed with a veneer coat of plaster last week. I understand it should dry for several weeks before painting. The cabinet installer is ready to install the new cabinets now. I was thinking it would be best to have the walls painted at least with a primer for...

Installing new tile shower walls [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing new tile on top of a new cultured marble shower pan. I rested the durock on the top lip of the shower pan as directed by company. Its now time to tile the walls. Should I rest the first row of tiles directly on top of the shower pan or should I lift the first row up just a little...

View more questions Search