Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masterofnone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Depth below slab surface of sewer rough?
    Speedball or anyone who knows,

We are trying to design and build a small pool house that will have a bathroom and some kitchen fixtures. Question I have: To figure out the slab elevation (height), what is the vertical depth below the slab surface that the sewer rough piping must be installed below the toilet before it begins it horizontal gravity flow descent to the sewer line outside the slab.

I don't want a slab that sits 4' above the pool deck. But if the sewer rough is too deep, we can't get a gravity flow and will have to use an ejector pump to get it in the gravity sewer line. At least that's my thinking to this point. Any other ideas okay too...

Thanks in advance,
    Masterofnone

PS. Sorry if this question has been answered before but I couldn't locate an answer after much searching.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 28, 2006, 07:06 AM
    A sewers depth is determined by the length of the run from the highest point, (the farthest fixture from the exit point) to the point it exits the house. It will slope 1/4" to the foot all the way down to the exit point. If the elevation's tight on your project you may reduce the slope to 1/8th inch to the foot but no more. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Incorrectly placed slab rough-in plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full bathroom rough-in on a slab in an unfinished area of my house. Unfortunately, I have a concern that the waste pipe for the tub has been misplaced. As the pipes stick directly out of the concrete, This may cause quite an issue for me. I have attached a drawing of my rough-in showing...

Rough in under slab [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Tom, I am currently renovating my mother’s bathroom; it was very out of date. Here’s my problem, she lives on a slab. I was hoping you might be able to tell me if my changes in the plumbing will work. I have attached two pictures, one of the old plan and one of the proposed plan, I have tried...

Rubber transition in sewer drain stone under slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Glad to have found someone who is so knowledgeable about all things Plumbing. My question is this: Yesterday our plumber installed the sewer drain in our stone. It will be for Kitchen/ bath/ utility which rests on a 4" slab. We are in Western New York, so it is all below the frost line. One...

Slab Rough-In [ 29 Answers ]

I am embarking a project to remodel a half bath to a full bath on the ground floor of a high ranch. (on slab). After getting a couple estimates on the rough-in plumbing, and seeing that they were more than anticipated, I think I am going to give it a shot. I do most everything….framing, drywall,...

Rough plumbing in a slab [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a tub with a center drain, in the basement of my house. We have done the rough plumbing and will soon pour the slab. My plumber tells me that I can not buy a tub with a center drain because of the slab. Is this true? If not how should I set the rough plumbing.

View more questions Search