Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    REDMAN199us Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Hardi-Plank VS Vinyl Sidding
    I am ready to apply siding to my home. Any PRO & CONS on the two materials
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 7, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Hardi-Plank looks better but will require more maintence than Vinyl and is probably more expensive to install.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
    If your house burns... more than likely it will be from the inside out... sideing will be of no importance. Vinyl is Cheaper, Quicker and zero maintence. Most Hardi-plank siding comes with a 25 - 30 year warranty... Vinyl is generally lifetime.
    Mike
    sidingpro Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Hardi plank siding is a wonderful option to have installed on your home. James hardie offers a 50 year warranty on the siding itself. Hardi plank siding isn't high maintenance, in fact, it's low maintenance. Yes, the prices are a bit on the high end, but not that much more than some vinyl siding on the market today.

Vist my article about hardie plank siding and watch a real life fire-test on how well hardi plank siding did up against its rivals: wood siding and vinyl siding.

Hardie Board Siding: Pros, Cons & Hardy plank prices

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardi board over Concrete? [ 8 Answers ]

I am just starting to install the Hardie board on my new house and I have about10 sqft on the bottom that is concrete. I know how to install it on concrete but is it a good idea??

Staining Hardy Plank [ 2 Answers ]

Can hardy plank siding be stained or must it be painted?

Vinal plank flooring [ 4 Answers ]

What is your opinion of vinal plank flooring, and is there a difference in quality if price is higher in one store than another thank you kay5

Staining hardi board siding [ 1 Answers ]

I have hardi board lap siding that is pre primed and I want to know if it will take semi tranparent stain. If I have to go to a solid color stain or a house paint which will hold up better or even absorb into the siding. Thanks

Pour concrete over hardi plank siding? [ 6 Answers ]

We are planning on replacing our 3 ft high deck with a concrete patio about 12" thick and 30 ft wide. If we had to do it we will have to pour concrete over the hardi plank siding. Talked to a couple of concrete contractors they said they will apply metal flashing and pour concrete over the siding...

View more questions Search