Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Getting tape glue off wood furniture
    The movers put packing tape on my wood furniture. The backing(glue) remaind on my furniture when I removed the tape. How do I remove it without destroying my furniture?
    Thank you so much.
    Kathy
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Have you tried Goo Gone?

Magic American and Goo Gone - Goo Gone Family of Products

It says it is safe for use on wood, but I would test an area you can't see first. I've used it for other things and it worked really well.

Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 02:53 AM
    I think that there is another product called "Oops" that would help you also.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Another thing, is if the glue on the tape was water based, then using just a water dampened cloth or paper towel may do the job of removing the residue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Take off glue or sticky stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I'm in the right category but here goes. I just took off large decals off my truck. How do I get the sticky glue type stuff off that was under the decals. I hope someone can help me. THANKS Billy Boy

Skin and Crazy Glue [ 1 Answers ]

What product should I use to remove crazy glue from my daughters cheek that will not burn her skin, she's five years old.

I need glue for the body [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a photoshoot for school. And I need to know what glue is the best and where can I get it. I'm glueing little pieces of mirror-type-glass on my models body. Help!

Painting over black glue [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed very old vinyl tiles in basement and would like to paint over the black glue which is hard and shiny.

View more questions Search