Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fly2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 12:47 PM
    How to transfer H1b visa?
    I have a question about how I can transfer my H1B visa from a library to a non-profit company.

I just got my H1B visa approval a couple of months ago. My H1B petitioner is a very big and famous library because I get my paychecks from the library. However, actually, I am working for a non-profit company. This company provides PCs, databases, and all other informaiton technology for the library. This company does not have any employee. All the employees (about 15 fulltime and 13 part-time) are librarians from the library. The company reimburses the library every year for the employee cost.

Starting from the end of 2007, this company will be separated from the library. All the employees including me working for the company will start to get paychecks from the company, not the library any more. The company will still reside in the same place. I wonder if and how I shall transfer my H1B from the library to the company or is it necessary for me to transfer my H1b?
    pandydurai Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Check with your employer (who ever gives you paychek) what would be your case by the end of this year.

To transfer H1:
    1. Find out a reliable company first. (Make sure that they are not a cheating company. There are so many cheating companies in IT field.)
    2. Have at least 3 recent paychecks from your current employer.

3. (Optional) Current h1 approval notice and the I-94 form.

With these documents you can easily transfer your visa.

Now if that "famous" company is ready to accept you as an employee go with them. Otherwise find out another employer and apply for transfer.
    Please note: To transfer H1 a cost of $2500 - $2900 is required. Please check with your employer before joining them whether they would afford this cost or not.

Some company afford this cost but some do not. You may need to consider while discussing salay.

All the best.
    pandydurai Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
    If you are getting paychecks from the mentioned library then you need not change your H1. In your case you are working for the non profit company as an employee of Library. So you should be OK I believe. Please check with some other persons too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can F1 visa be transferred to H1B visa with out joining OPT program? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Currently I am MSC student on F1 visa currently authorized to work .I have been working as a software engineer,network engineer and web developer for the last six years . I am confused about the conversion of F1 to H1B Visa status. Can I Change my F1 visa to H1B visa with out joining the OPT...

H1b visa transfer information [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My query is regarding my H1b transfer. Have worked for company A for the last 4 years, and hold a valid petition from them. The H1b visa has been stamped on my passport too. Am in Indian right now, my query is as follows, 1. Is H1b transfer from A to B possible when in India, and how...

H1B Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am came to US 1 yr back on H1B which is offered by company A and now I am planning to go back to India and before going to India I want to transfer my H1B to another company, but in India I want to work with my current company for a period of 4 months. Does the current company came to...

View more questions Search