My aunt was hit by a car while walking. Driver most definitely at fault and he has no car insurance. She doesn't drive, so she has no car insurance. I started wondering if either his or her own homeowner's insurance would pay her bills/damages? Anybody know before I try to advise her? Also, this matter has dragged out for over a year as the lawyers involved seem to care very little and the driver might thnk she'll die soon and he'll be off the hook. She is very elderly, lives alone, but is very capable. She has recovered from accident but has mounting medical bills and now credit card bills that were used to buy food and pay other bills while she paid on medical bills and lawyer bills. She has small fixed income and I've been helping all the $ ways I can. But I'd like to write a demand letter for her and wondered where I could send it to?