Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    bubbaross's Avatar
    bubbaross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 7, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Damage to my vehice their insurance won't pay.
    My vehicle was hit by another vehicle.I was not in the vehicle at the time.It was damaged when I returned.I called the D P S(Texas).The officer said I could do nothing as there was no witness.I told the officer there was a video camera at the store.He reviewed the tape and found the person that hit my vehicle,he said the person was in fault.The owners phone number was on the vehicle door.The officer called the number and the owner returned with the vehicle.There was a accident report issued.Now the mans insurance company will not pay.His insurance company said they will not pay because they can not get hold of the insured.His insurance company said he has no contacts that they could not get hold of him.Saying he had insurance,his premiums and or insurance cards are going somewhere.He had insurance or they would not have contacted me and gave me a estimate.What should I do to get his insurance to pay?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,299, Reputation: 7691

    Oct 7, 2007, 05:36 PM
    So you rreport it to your insurance company if you have full coverage and they pay,a and they sue the other party.

    Or you sue the other driver, the owner of the truck and their insurne company, the other company is lying and just refusing to pay, this is common
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
    As Chuck said, you need not be involved. You take the accident report to your insurance company which will pay for the repairs. They will then deal with the owner's insurance company on your behalf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance won't pay for terminal diseases [ 2 Answers ]

Where i work, the insurance is very strict... If i slip, fall and break a leg, insurance won't pay for medical services if I was the one to spread water on the floor so we have to be extra careful but when i read the policies very carefully... i saw a clause that no one in my office seems to have...

Rear ended but the other insurance says they may not have to pay. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. We were rear ended a week ago. The other driver was cited and found at fault. When we contacted her insurance to begin to get our van fixed they said she might not be insured because the vehicle she hit us in was a new purchase and not on her policy. They said they cannot get a...

Leaving the scene - insurance wants me to pay up [ 7 Answers ]

Hello from Minnesota I hit another car that was stopped on an on ramp at about 20 miles an hour. I left the scene of the accident and drove home. (Yes I know this was not the right thing to do). The police came to my door and saw me but I did not answer the door. A month went by with no notice,...

? About insurance coverage to someone's property I damage [ 1 Answers ]

I damaged some property at an office building. It was my fault. Does my homeowner's liability insurance cover that? If not, is there insurance that does cover it?

View more questions Search