Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Mikalangelo1's Avatar
    Mikalangelo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 21, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Working out of home country while in the visa processing stage
    My fiancée is filipina and of course lives in the Philippines. We are just starting the K-1 fiancée visa process and she has thought to go work in Singapore while she is waiting for everything to go through.
    My question is, is it a good idea for her to be working outside her home country while we are trying to get this process handled? Will it complicate the situation at all? It seems to me it would interfer since she will have interview(s) and have to fill out paperwork, but though I would ask.
    Thanks for the help!
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Apr 21, 2008, 08:07 AM
    It's best to proceed the K-1 visa from her home country as she will need to have background check, and interview at the consulate. Besides, if she have lived in foreign countries longer than 6 months, she will need to obtain criminal clearance from those countries as well.

    If employment in Singapore is with international company or Filipino business with office overseas, then she will be fine but if not, then the consulate may look somewhat negative on this issue and it won't be good for K-1 visa.

    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for H1 Visa while H4 Visa Processing is going on [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I am Raj. The following is my query... My wife went for H4 Visa interview on Mar 2nd in India and they asked for 2 more months payslips. Now she will go again in May with additional payslips to get her H4 stamped. In the meanwhile can we apply H1 for her in US under this year quota? ...

F2 visa - continue to run own business in home country [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my husband will be studying in the US on an F1 visa. I will therefore apply for an F2 visa and move to the US to be together. Currently I run my own business in the UK and intend to continue doing so but from the US with several trips back to the UK a year. I know that an F2 does not...

Hvac1000: Or ing stage relays (multi-stage stats to single stage) [ 1 Answers ]

Would you agree that you can and should OR the outputs of say a 2 stage heating stat to make it a single stage? OR means connect the outputs together. Example: Connect W and W2 to create a single stage stat. I'm under the impression that either W1 or W2 is activated and not both and that this...

H1 b visa processing [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for h1 b visa by sponsors I am leaving by feb first week my husband is coming after three months in h4 visa.Is that possible to apply h1 b visa for my husband from united states.

View more questions Search