Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    bissette's Avatar
    bissette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 31, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Wife has permanent green card ,and have been married for 5 years
    My wife and I have been married for 5 years and she just got her mermanant green card 10 year card , and I just found out that she has fraude me from the start, we have only been intiment 3 times in the whole 5 years because she says it hurts, this was within the first 3 weeks that we were married , now I have had her arested for vilence to me and the court case was last week and she had a friend to get on the stand to testify in her behalf and that's when I found out that she didnteven love me at the start of our marriage, so all this time she was using me to further her self , my question is this , can I have immigration to investigate her or pull her permanent green card ?
    bissette's Avatar
    bissette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 31, 2009, 06:29 AM

    Can they pull her green card
    DCcityboy's Avatar
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27
    Senior Member

    Jul 31, 2009, 12:42 PM

    They have the discretion to, but not likely.

    You should provide the CIS all the evidence you have regarding the fraud of the marriage and they can investigate. At the very least it will be in her record when she applies for citizenship. She will need to answer then.
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Jul 31, 2009, 10:19 PM

    You just realized of this fraud after 5 years? Immigration may look into this matter if your marriage is less than a year but not five years.

    C'mon... divorce her and move on.
    libasky's Avatar
    libasky Posts: 1, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Sep 21, 2009, 04:53 PM
    The only advice is to forget about her and move on with your life.There are limited chances to revoke her green card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce with a green card (gc for 10 years) [ 5 Answers ]

Because my husband and I had been married for over 2 years when I had my interview appointment, I got the green card for 10 years. If I divorce my husband, will I be able to stay in the us and would it affect the green card in any way? Thank you

Can a Permanent Green Card be revoked [ 2 Answers ]

I have found out that my husband lied on his Green Card application 5 years ago, when we lived abroad and came to the USA. He is Muslim and remarried to his first wife while also being married to me. (She lives in the Middle East). Can his Permanent Green card be revoked? He has recently applied...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

What happens if you married for a green card [ 6 Answers ]

My friend has married a russian so he can stay in the usa and now she wants to get out of it how would she go about doing that?

H1, married, wife abroad; now both in the US w/green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had H1 and got married in July 2005. My wife remained abroad. I filed my taxes as "single" in 2005. I and my wife entered US in Jan 19,2007 with green card. (we were approved for permanent status on 1/9/07) . Can I file my taxes for 2006 as married-joint, even though I had H-1 and my wife...

View more questions Search