Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Liverman's Avatar
    Liverman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 21, 2008, 05:27 AM
    What happens to my green card status if I leave the usa for more then 6 months
    I have travelled out the country with my wife for pure medical reasons, I expect to be hospitalised for a long time and will probably not make it back to the USA within 12 months, I have been in the states for more then 20 years, can someone please tell me what the rules are with regards to travelling out the states for prolonged times. Thanks:confused:
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674

    Sep 21, 2008, 05:35 AM
    You need to tell us what country you travelled to for medical reasons.
    Liverman's Avatar
    Liverman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 21, 2008, 05:41 AM
    I am in England
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Sep 21, 2008, 09:47 AM

    Follow this link:
    everton1's Avatar
    everton1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
    If you are a permanent resident (10 year green card ) have a look then you should be OK if not let the ins know what's happening... you can find there number on the web site, emergration offices, also all the information you need to know about what to do

    United States Permanent Resident Card....copy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and past this link and read what you have to do, hope this helps you good luck in hospitle hope all go,s well for you
    everton1's Avatar
    everton1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 21, 2008, 04:53 PM

    Forgot to add when you get the wikipedia page type in green card hit search and all you need to know will come up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change my marital status on my Leave and Earning Statement! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change my marital status on a W-4? My-pay, my payroll office, or the W-4 itself does not prompt me on the change. I have joint custody of my children and I claim 1 every year on my state and federal. I'm doing everything correctly but I cannot make the change on the marital status to...

L1 in US with family for 5 months now, taxable marital status - single! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am on L1 visa in milwaukee, WI. I came here from INDIA in August 2007 along with my wife and baby on L2. My marital status in pay slips from my employer show as 'single' as they say it requires minimum 181 days stay to change it. During these 5 months, my taxes have been deducted as...

Landlord is broke, should I pay last months rent or leave the deposit? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello all.. I'm from Cali and here is my problem. I signed a year lease Mar 07. This past Sept. the landlord tells me they are selling due to ARM loan and the mortgage now being double of what it was before. They were going through financial hardships and would not beable to refinance or...

Filing status H1 visa for 5 months [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I would like to ask if under what status will my husband file his tax. His information: He was in US --B1/B2 visa ---January 21,2006-May 8,2006 --H1b Visa ---- June 25, 2006- Nov 19, 2006 (147 days) -- J1 visa ----- Dec 28, 2006 up to...

View more questions Search