Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    aby77's Avatar
    aby77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 26, 2016, 10:22 PM
    Visa transfer
    I am on J1 visa, category, professor. My DS2019 is valid until July 31, 2016. When I tried to transfer between two schools, I was surprised that the International Scholar advisor in the old school has changed my SEVIS status into 'inactive', with no prior notice. She emailed me that the reason is the last day of my contract is May 15, 2016, and since that I am not continuing with the same school, she had to shorten my visa, without asking or informing me.
    I have no idea what is my status now, and how can I transfer or activate my SEVIS record, given that she told me that I am on the 24 months bar period right after she closed the SEVIS. My new school is ready with the papers to transfer me. What should I do? Can I just ask the new school to change the visa type/category? Am I eligible? Please advise. Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

H1 and h4 visa transfer to f1 together [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can I am on H4 visa and my wife on H1 visa .can we both can change status to F1 together

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.