Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Rufino Corona's Avatar
    Rufino Corona Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 26, 2017, 09:42 AM
    Using my Social Security Number even if I was deported to Mexico
    I was told by someone in this forum that I could use my social security number even though I was deported. I just want to make sure it's true and that I won't get in trouble with the Government and will not be violating any laws if I do use it. It's my social security number. Could someone please tell me if I can use it if I live in Mexico now. I need to register my company in the U.S.A. so I can do business in the U.S.A. but in order for me to register my company as a reseller, I need to use my SSN, can I use it legally without violating any U.S. laws?
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Sep 26, 2017, 02:22 PM
    Explain to me how exactly you got a SSN# as an illegal alien? You might have gotten an ITIN#, but SSN# are reserved for people who gained their citizenship.
    newacct's Avatar
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21
    Full Member

    Sep 26, 2017, 02:25 PM
    Social Security numbers are for life. Not only "can" you use it, but you MUST use it on any government form that asks for SSN. e.g. if you file US taxes. Your status or lack thereof is irrelevant.
    Rufino Corona's Avatar
    Rufino Corona Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 26, 2017, 02:54 PM
    I was given a SSN when I became a legal resident, but as an adult I committed a crime in the U.S. and I was deported. That's the reason for my question. I have a SSN and want to know if I can use it to register my mexican company in the U.S. using my SSN. Without violating any laws as I now live in mexico because I was deported.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    Sep 26, 2017, 04:41 PM
    If the form calls for a SS number then give it to them.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 26, 2017, 05:50 PM
    It is your number from the IRS, it is yours to keep and use
    JMAttero's Avatar
    JMAttero Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 29, 2017, 04:55 AM
    If the number you were given begins with the number 9 I believe it is an ITIN number rather than a Social Security number.

    Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security contribution after being deported [ 1 Answers ]

I was deported and would like to know if there is a way for me to some how be able to get a lump sum of all of the social security I contributed while working legally in the USA. I am not instrested in getting the ssi benefits or so, I would just like to know how I can get my money back.

After being deported can I use my social sercurity number? [ 4 Answers ]

And if i use it can i.c.e. track it through i.r.s? Because as you know, i will have to file income taxes. That's one question, the other is will it affect my chances to fix my immigration status because i'm legally married to a u.s. citizen.this was after i seen the judge for the last time.

L-2 LED Social security number [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on L2 with hubby on L1. Questions 1. Am I going to get different SSN(Social Security Number) without LED and with LED? My hubby's company lawyer told me that I need to apply LED first and wait 3-4months to get it and then apply SSN with the LED I got. 2. My hubby is already in US for...

View more questions Search