Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    dydominicjohn's Avatar
    dydominicjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 14, 2009, 12:26 AM
    Son of a US Citizen
    My mom went to the US with a H1b visa, and on July 1992 My whole family went to the US embassy consulate for an interview and I was the only one been refused a visa because I exceeded the required age for a dependent. Now my mom is already a US citizen so as my brother and sister. Now I'm already 39 years old. Is it possible for my mom to petition me. because my mom is already 69 years old.
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Nov 14, 2009, 01:15 AM

    Yes, she can file I-130 for you but wait list will be very long time depending on what country you re from. It would be between 12-24 years.
    dydominicjohn's Avatar
    dydominicjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 15, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the reply! This will be a great help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting my son back [ 4 Answers ]

How can I go about getting my son back while living in a different state?:confused:

How does my Husband go about adopting my son? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am getting married and I was wondering how my husband should go about adopting my son? His father has not been in the picture. What steps should he take for the adoption process?

21 year old problem son lives at home [ 2 Answers ]

My 21 year old son won't leave the nest. He has a part time (2 days a week if that) job. He's registered oncollege but takes meaningless coarses like swimming and a guitar class. Now he dosesnt even go. He has a cell phone on my account and I've told him, you don't pay the bill you don't have a...

View more questions Search