Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Casablanca4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Best option for joining my LPR family in the US, after my 5-yr wait with I-130 (F2B)?
    My family (from Bangladesh) ? My mom, dad & younger brother (under 21 at the time) became Permanent Residents in 2006 (under the F4 category, petitioned by my aunt). I was already over 21 (actually 24) at the time, so my derivative application was discontinued, and later, after becoming a green-card holder, my mom file a new I-130 case for me, under F2B category (in Jan. 2007). We were expecting it to take about 3/4 years & the Priority Date progression was looking good as well (it had reached 2005), until the retrogression occurred in Dec. 2010 & the Priority Date moved back to 2003, which was highly frustrating! Now, 9 months later, it?s still in 2003 & hardly moving forward. Now, given the circumstances, obviously, I cannot enter the US to even see my family (living in NY). I have been rejected US student visa in Aug. 2007 (because of my parents? Green card status). Now, at 29 (& unmarried), I am working in a globally-reputed company in Bangladesh for 3 years & wondering if my job would show sufficient ties to my home country to attain a B1 (Business Visit) visa if I demonstrate that I?d be attending a conference in US (I can at least see my family then), or would it be wasted effort, given my parent?s green card status & of course, my pending I-130 application? In any case, please advise a way forward for my immigration case: Should I wait till my mom becomes a US citizen (she qualifies already), so my application is moved up to F1 category (which would still be still a long wait), or seek legal help in filing a federal court litigation towards both my mom?s naturalization + my immigration at the same time (or one after the other is successful), whichever feasible? Or should I consider withdrawing my F2B application & then, apply for a US visit visa (B2) so I can enter US and see my family (or would that still be denied)? I just want to be able to live in the US with my family, or at least, be free to visit them, until a solution to my situation is found. Thanks in advance for your reply.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.