Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skulkarni1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Cap gap eligibility
    Hi,

I was out of status in November 2010 for one month and my F1- status was re-instated in May 2011. My OPT start date is 23rd August 2011 and ends on 23rd August 2012. My employer is going to file my H1 in April 2012 and was wondering that if my H1B gets approved before 23rd August 2012, will I come under cap-gap extension from August to October or can I continue to work through August 2012.

Or should I tell them to apply for my H1B immediately so that cap-gap issue does not arise at all.

Please help.

Thank you for you time.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to cap a copper water line: compression fitting or copper cap? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi all, Unsuccessfully tried to cap a copper water line by soldering a pre-soldered cap onto the end. Took all the proper steps, cleaned the ends of the pipe and fitting first, then applied flux around both. Wasn't quite sure what I should be heating, so I just heated everything. After my first...

Can you cap a copper gas line with a black iron gas cap? [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a house that has a copper gas line that used to go to a gas dryer. I no longer have the gas dryer and don't intend to get another. The previous owner didn't cap the line. I was willing to give the excess line to the plumber who came for a different job, if he capped the line (he supposedly...

Specifications i.e. spark plug gap,tappet gap hot & cold, air gap [ 1 Answers ]

I need these specs for a briggs & stratton Vanguard 16 hp v-twin ohv engine. Model no 303442.Thank u very much Jan

Run cap and Start cap values for GE 5KCP39KG 5177AS [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I am trying to fix an old Goettl gas pack unit. It worked fine till 2 weeks ago. Now it starts normally with colder air for like 4-5 minutes then it sends inside warm air , no cooling . From outside I can see the condenser fan blade starting to rotate for those 4-5 minutes , low RPM...

OPT cap-gap extension for 2008, how about FICA tax? [ 2 Answers ]

My background: I came to us on April/2004, graduated from master program on June/2007, and started working on July/2007 (OPT started). Theoretically, I have to stop working while my OPT expired on Jun/15/2008. This year, new regulation allows students who are the H-1B beneficiary to extend...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.