Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firefly2299 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Can I marry my american fiancé on a tourist visa
    Is it legal to marry my usa fiancé on a tourist visa. My boyfriend is currently in usa penitentiary and may be released in 3 yrs if he gets clemency. Can we marry then apply after for me to stay in the usa
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 03:44 PM

First you will have to get permission from the penitentiary to marry, they will be strict on rules and paperwork.
    So I doubt the prison will allow it to happen, even with a marriage license since you don't have the proper visa.

Next if they do, merely getting married does not get you the proper visa automatically. So you most likely will still have to leave and apply for a new visa to re-enter
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 06:01 PM

It's not that easy, he may not be qualified to sponsor spouse visa for you. There are many other factors involved. Consult immigration attorney and see if it is worth waiting for 3 years or simply move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get tourist visa even though I'm married to american already. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello.. good day to everybody.I wish that somebody can help me to find the answer that I've been searching long time ago.and I will really apreciate it if you can help me. I was married to an us army.and we got married here in Philippines.but now he is in Texas.and until now we didn't fix my visa...

American tourist visa application? [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested on an false assault charge in 2003. The plaintiff retracted their statement and it was thrown out of court. Because I was arrested, I take it I need to apply for a visa to visit America for a holiday. Am I right in saying that? What is involved and how long does it take? Do I have to...

Marry a USC while on Tourist Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Lawanwadee... Sorry... may I know who are not allowed to petition alien spouses? What disqualifies them? Thanks for your help.

Marry a USC while on Tourist Visa [ 4 Answers ]

If I marry a US citizen while I'm on tourist visa and then I go back to my home country within the period allowed on my I-94, can my USC husband petition me on a spousal visa afterwards? Thanks.

View more questions Search