Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2010, 10:18 PM
    When and how do I contact the lawyer that will be asigned to my shoplifting case?
    I was cought shoplifting at a Simons store. Security called the police and they sent me home with acitation to court. Simon's then sent me a letter from its lawyers demanding a 450$ fee for costs of security and the troubles caused, etc. I was planning to pay it but I been reading wherever I find on shoplifting and it says that its better not to pay. My question is, what comes after this? I don't have money to pay for an attorney, But I don't know when I'm supposed to get in touch with the lawyer that will be asigned to my case. What should I do about it? I have to go to court in a couple of weeks, and I've read that I can get off this if I accept (in the case they offer) to do some community service or a minor punishment. But, Who'll offer this to me? After or before I talk to my lawyer? And, if I pay the 450$, do I still ave to go to court? If I do have to go, is it better to have paid the 450$ before or it'll make it look like if I'm declaring myself as guilty? I'd appreciate to have an answer as soon as possible.
    Tank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 7, 2010, 07:01 AM

Get a lawyer now.
    tamale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2010, 11:46 AM
    Right... but how do I do that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting case arrest [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry I was arrested for shoplifting and court disposition came as guilty and it came in sbi and fbi report as municipal ordinence violation . My fatyer live in Africa and embassy people called to my dad and said about me .they are enquring about me in India too. My father thought to take me...

Got caught shoplifting now I don't know who to contact [ 2 Answers ]

So a few months back I was caught shoplifting (bottle of cologne). The security guard told me that I could either pay some company the fee for the item or take the matter to court, obviously I just wanted to pay and get it all over with. I did receive the bill from them but I lost it. Now I don't...

Contact store or lawyer first? [ 5 Answers ]

While shopping in a woman's dress shop, my 85yr old mom slipped on beads from someone's (or the store's) broken necklace. She was helped to a seat and an accident report was made by management. She was able to walk out by herself, but by the next day she was in pain. I brought her to the...

Should I get a lawyer for shoplifting? [ 1 Answers ]

This was in vancouver, Canada. I don't have a previous record but I admitted that it was my third time. Should I call up the store (I dun even no the guy who brought me in's name) and ask them if they can drop charges? And if so, who do I ask for and what do I say to them.. it was a wake up call...

View more questions Search