Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike48529 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Can I go back years and refile state taxes in michiganto claim my rent that I did no
    This year on mt stae taxes I claimed my ren,but the last few years I did not claim my rent so can I refile back years taxes and claim the rent for them years?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 06:55 AM

In general most states allow you to file an amended return to claim a refund only up to 3 years after the filing date. So perhaps you could go back to tax year 2006 if you file an amended return by April 15. Check with the state of MI income tax web site to see for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim my brother on my taxes if he owes back taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Can I claim my brother on my taxes if he owes back taxes

How to claim anything from last two years of taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a student and I am using the free Tax Cut software from Turbo tax to prepare my taxes. I realized I can claim deductions for the amount I paid for registration of cars. How do I add this to my return? I have never made adjustments to my old returns. Is there a special form I can download from...

Didn't claim daughter on last years taxes [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I take turns claiming our daughter every other year... I got confused and thought that it was my turn to claim her this year, when in fact, I was supposed to have claimed her last year. Is there anything I can do about that and can I go back and claim her?

Do I need to claim a 1099-R on PA State Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Do I need to claim a 1099-R form on my PA state taxes? The withdrawl was a normal deduction of an IRA. Thank you.

View more questions Search