Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheepa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 05:19 AM
    Greek passport
    Hello there.

I am an indian , married with greek girl in cyprus 2 years ago. I was staying in cyprus apx.3.5 years. Now I am working in UK since June 2006 . I have got Document Of Resident in Cyprus valid until 2010. How Can I apply for Greek Or Cyprus passport? Can anybody help me... I shall be very greatfull... cheers
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2006, 05:36 AM
    I believe you need to be a resident in that country for a certain amount of years before u can apply for citeznship
    nikolaos Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Hi there, I think that you have to stay for 3 years or more straight and that is the time you can apply for citizenship, that is what I heard from my greek husband.
    acrules3 Posts: 76, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Is your wife a Greek or a Cypriot citizen?

If your wife is a citizen of Greece [i.e. the Hellenic Republic], then Greek law does not automatically confer Greek citizenship to you, the husband. You would have to naturalize. The law does allow for you to have an easier time to naturalize if a) you live in Greece, and b) have a child with your wife. If that is the case, you can apply within three years of your wedding. Otherwise, you have to live in Greece for 10 of the 12 years preceding your naturalization application. You would also have to pass a Greek language test, etc.

If your wife is a citizen of the Cyprus Republic, then I am not aware of the process to become a Cypriot citizen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am writing this mail on behalf of one of my friend in the states. He is a goan by origin and was interested in having a portuguese passport. He is ready to come to portugal. Can you please let me know the contact details of some of the reputed attorneys in portugal who will help him in the...

Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am wanting to apply for a Portuguese passport as my father was half Portuguese and my Grandmother fully! Both of whom are deceased now! I know that I need a birth certificate to show proof of identity to claim a Portuguese passport, however, my dads says nothing about my mother...

Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I am going abroad in February and need to find out what steps do I take to change my passport to my new married name. I do not have much time to get this done since I just found out about this trip. Thanks for any information. PatS

Do I need a passport? [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Memphis, from Canada. Is there a law yet, to have to have a passport. We are going in March. Do I need to do this?

View more questions Search