Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dazaud Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
    American tourist visa application?
    I was arrested on an false assault charge in 2003. The plaintiff retracted their statement and it was thrown out of court. Because I was arrested, I take it I need to apply for a visa to visit America for a holiday. Am I right in saying that? What is involved and how long does it take? Do I have to be interviewed at the american embassy?
    Thank you
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:39 AM

What country? Have you ever had US visitor's visa before? Do you have court order that say your case was dismissed? Etc.

Jan 17, 2009, 12:12 PM
    What country? Have you ever had US visitor's visa before? Do you have court order that say your case was dismissed? Etc

Im from England, never visited before. Have not got a court order to say anything. Turned up at trial and it never got going because there was no evidence against me. Shook solicitors hand and left... heard no more
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 12:56 PM

You need to contact the courthouse, obtain a reference (with case number and you name as defendant, etc) that the case has been dismissed.

Submit this document with DS-156, DS-157 when you apply for US visitor's visa.

Jan 17, 2009, 01:15 PM

Thanks lawanwadee.

Can see why people are avoiding usa as a holiday destination these days. Too much hassle. 4 months paperwork for 1 week in usa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist visa to student visa [ 4 Answers ]

I have sufficient funds to support my studies and my parents are willing sponsor me. Will it be difficult to change my B2 visa to F1 if in case I plan to study in US? Do I really need to declare my intention to study upon arrival at the port of entry?

Can I get tourist visa even though I'm married to american already. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello.. good day to everybody.I wish that somebody can help me to find the answer that I've been searching long time ago.and I will really apreciate it if you can help me. I was married to an us army.and we got married here in Philippines.but now he is in Texas.and until now we didn't fix my visa...

About tourist visa after j1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am here with a j1 visa with two year rules apply so if I go back to india after a year and want to apply for a tourist visa so I can apply for that with in two years and I am allow to do work as a part time in other company like per week two days part time?

K1 fiancˇe visa or tourist visa [ 1 Answers ]

1) Which will be easier to get. 2) What will be the dollar amount. 3) How long will they take.

Tourist Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have come to New Jersey, US on a B1/B2 Visa from India. I wanted to see Niagara Water Falls from Canada side and return Back to US. Is there any arrangement like Tourist Visa Stamping On port of landing. I would be staying for one night and return back. Would be looking for your...

View more questions Search