Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snpshot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Pending judgement
    I had a company for many years and lost a contract and went Chapter 7-the company was a S corporation, I did not go chapter 7 for myself and now 4 years later am facing a creditor who is holding me personally responsible, and is going for a judgement. I am now employed in a commission based job, do not own a home, can they garnishee wages that may or may not materialize. Thanks
    kathylea Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2008, 06:13 PM
    I would find out if there is a clause in your bankruptcy for the company that states that any and all creditors cannot refile or resue after final closing. If the creditor is trying to sue you and you had a clause that stated that the company is no longer responsible for any or all debts due to this bankruptcy I don't see how they can swing this. I would find a lawyer that gives free advice online there are lots. Ask a lawyer is one of them. If you were the sole owner and the company is no longer I think this creditor will have a hard time making a case but it depends on what the wording is in your bankruptcy. Just a thought , thought I might add that it might be worth your while to contact the counsil that you used to do the chapter 7 and see what they say. Hopefully it was done properly and this creditor has no legal recourse .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Judgement pending [ 2 Answers ]

We live in Texas which does not have a wage garnishment except for child support and taxes, can the judgement transfer to another state that my husband gets paid out of that does have a garnishment law? We have been in Texas for 13 years.

Pending collection of old debt De Ja Vu? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Forum, I hope that I can get some advice from you guys have visited and learn a great deal in the past 72 hours or so, my situation is that have just received a letter from a law office here in Georgia attempting to collect old cc debt Providian Bank last active 8/2003, now transferred to...

Pending lawsuit I might have a stroke [ 28 Answers ]

6.5 years ago an unsecured loan with a Credit Union in KY was charged off for 1780.00. I told them I simply couldn't pay it or installments due to a lay off and 7 months of unemployment. They charged it off and I NEVER EVER heard from them again. I've spent the past 6.5 years repairing my credit to...

View more questions Search