Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    natsukichi's Avatar
    natsukichi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 10, 2010, 02:59 PM
    OPT and L2 -Applying for EAD Card-
    Hello, I have a question about EAD application process.
    I had F-1 visa and worked on OPT work permission 1 year ago. Now I got married with my husband who have L-1 visa. So My current visa status is L-2. I am going to apply for the EAD (employment authorization). On I-765 form, there is question if EAD card was issued before. Should I say 'yes' to this question although I am applying with different visa status? If I say yes, it seems like I have to attach all documentation for showing my last EAD information. What documentation does this refer?
    And I also lost my last EAD card, what should I do?

    Thank you. I am so waiting for getting an answer for my question.
    NYcityboy's Avatar
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65
    Senior Member

    Dec 10, 2010, 03:58 PM

    yes. Answer the question as it is asked. Do not overanalyze USCIS forms.

    Include a copy of your EAD, if you don't have it, then the last I-20 with your school and explain that you were issued and OPT EAD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 EAD applying procedure [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I am in tucson with a L2 visa... How can I apply for EAD... online or should I visit the centers for it It will be of great help if anyone tells me the exact procedure... And can I start looking for a job before obtaining EAD?? How long it will take to obtain ead..? Help...

Do applicant for EAD on L2 need to stay in US after applying for EAD ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am relocated to USA , my wife is still in India she has her valid L2 visa and now she want's to apply for EAD on L2. My doubt is :- 1) Does she need to reside in US till the time she receive her EAD approval . 2) Can she leave US after applying for EAD. 3) How does her I-94 play a role...

Moving to US from canada on L visa - process of applying for EAD & green card? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, We are currently residing in canada as permanent residents for the past 1-1/2 yr. Recently my wife's company was acquired by a US firm who as a result of their decision to relocate operations to it's US headquarters, extended an offer to the whole operations department to move & relocate to DC...

View more questions Search