Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    steve0505's Avatar
    steve0505 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 31, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Marriage visa - Living abroad

    I am an American living in London with my South Korean wife. We both live and work here in the UK. We recently had a son, who is now also an American passport holder. We have no immediate plans to relocate to the States.

    My question: Can my wife start the process of becoming an American Citizen even though we have no immediate plans to move to the States?

    From what I know, the immigration process can only start once she actually is located in the States and will reside there for a period of 2 years?

    Appreciate any info.:confused:
    RubyPitbull's Avatar
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

    Feb 2, 2007, 01:33 PM
    The best advice I can give is to visit or call the American Consulate in London. They will be able to either advise you as to where you need to get the information you are looking for or advise you as to exactly what you need to do.

    Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I noticed no one else had answered you and didn't want you think you were ignored.

    Hope this helps a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Sir Sir/Madam I am looking to get married in August or December this year. My FiancÚ is currently in Pakistan. Please could you tell me the supporting documents I need to take with me in order to apply for his Marriage visa from the British Embassy in Pakistan once we get married. I have...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Marriage visa [ 3 Answers ]

I am married to Pakistani who has been illegal here for over 5 years. (5 and a half years to be exact). He intends to leave the country very soon and go back to Pakistan to apply for a spouse visa to return to UK permanently. Our marriage here in the UK is not valid, so we have been told by...

Taxes for a J1 visa living in NY and working in NJ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am a Non resident alien under J1 visa and French permanent resident. It is my first tax return in the US. I live in NY and have worked both in NY (5% of time) and in NJ. So I filled up the forms 1040NR for the federal return, 8833 for the French-US exemption but also IT-203 , IT-203 ATT for...

View more questions Search