Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    gshand's Avatar
    gshand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 18, 2008, 11:07 AM
    L2 visa status change to student visa
    HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Apr 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
    How did she obtain L-2 status? From you?
    As long as L-1 is valid, she can go to school without changing her status to F-1.

    If she can maintain/extend L-2 status, it's better choice because L-2 holders are also eligible to get work permit, while F-1 holders are not.
    jenny90's Avatar
    jenny90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 21, 2009, 12:24 PM

    Well I'm an 18 yr old and I'm in L2 status. So I cannot work in the usa. I also am doing my GED right at this moment(almost finish) and I want to know now that Im 18 what do I need to do to change my status in order to work stay in the usa and go to college her.My L2 status finishes November the 1st of dad just got fired last week and his taking the company to court because the company did not follow the contract. He worked for them for 10 years the court might order the company to hire him.the did it because they haven't spent the money to fix the family documents in order for us to be USA citizenz etc... answer me or contact me asap @ [email protected]
    rturimella's Avatar
    rturimella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 20, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Hi,Iam on L2 visa and holding my EAD also.Can I go to school?
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Dec 21, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rturimella View Post
    Hi,Iam on L2 visa and holding my EAD also.Can i go to school?
    You can go to school, but you won't be eligible for OPT.
    janakipriya's Avatar
    janakipriya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 3, 2012, 10:40 PM
    I also have the same question.As of now I am a L2 visa holder(dependent for L1),I have applied for ead and tried so many jobs with ead,I haven't get a job yet may be because I don't have a live experience even couple of days(took online training and kept fake exp in resume).so I am just thinking about doing ms,my husband have visa up to aug 2013,if his visa expires am I should stop doing ms and am I should leave to india.I already screwed up by having 2 miscarriages.pls guide me.I have done my with cse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change F-1 student into H-1 work visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am a German citizen studying in the US. I have an US MS degree already, and I am thinking about applying for a job in the US. Can you switch from a F-1 student visa status to an H-1 visa status? I assume I'd have to have a job offer first!? What would be the procedure? What US agency would be...

Change of visa status [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change visit visa to a student visa after entering US

View more questions Search