Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Makamarsali's Avatar
    Makamarsali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 29, 2013, 09:18 AM
    International student wants to change visa status from F1 to B2 within the US.
    I'm an international student from Chile, currently I hold a F1 visa ( studying in Portland ,Oregon) due to end of term and graduation this December 15th 2013 my F1 will expired. I hold another visa B1/B2 tourist that isn't valid in the US yet ( since I entered in the US with a F1 visa , this B2 doesn't have the stamp from customs ). Would it be valid if I go to the boarder between Washington state and Vancouver Canada ( but never entering to Canada because I don't have a Canadian visa) and validate my B2 visa before the F1 expires without me having to go back to Chile and then come back to Portland? Would I be able to re-enter to the US from the boarder with no problems?
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Oct 30, 2013, 11:10 PM
    F-1 holders are allowed to have 60 days after the date on D/S for packing/moving/returning home.

    If 60 days term is not enough then you will have to cross the border and return. Not 100% confident that immigration will allow you to come back, it's best to bring all supported documents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

When and how can I apply for a change of status as an international student? [ 0 Answers ]

I am a F-1 student in the USA. After how many years of studying can I apply for a change of status and how do I go about it?

What will be my baby visa status born in australia during my student visa period [ 0 Answers ]

Right now I am in australia with the student visa and I delivered a baby boy during my course of study period so in this case will my baby get the citizenship here or not?

Multiple W2 Forms - F1 Status International student [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New York and study here and am an F1 student. I would like to know the following regarding filing taxes this year: What all forms do I need to fill for Federal, State, Local. I have three W2 with me and I would like to know do I need one form per W2 or is there any other way to...

View more questions Search